Institute for Predictive Sonobotanics
Foundation for Auralisation and Computation of Transient Objects
IPSO-FACTO occupies itself with the creation and analysis of models of sonobotanic plants.
The Institute was founded in 2005 by Marije Baalman and Alberto de Campo, as part of the Foundation for
Auralisation and Computation of Transient Objects. In 2010 Elio Bidinost joined IPSO-FACTO.
- Poster on the Triquetrus exhibition [english / français] (4.6 MB)
- Script of the Video Documentary on the Institute for Predictive Sonobotanics [english]
- "Modeling the sonobotanic plant - Towards a general model of expressivity of Transient Objects" (Rejected paper) [english]
- Excerpts from "The Soundness of Plants" [english / deutsch]
- Lecture by Hortensia Audactor, July 2005 [deutsch]
- 2014, June 1-8, Vlaams Cultuurhuis "De Brakke Grond", Amsterdam, The Netherlands at the Coded Matters #7, "Extended Senses" - models of the Periperceptoida Triquetrus Nutandis and Dependis.
- 2010, November 4-7, Maison de l'Architecture, Poitiers, France at the MakeArt 2010 Festival - models of the Periperceptoida Triquetrus Nutandis and Dependis.
- 2010, September 17-26, Sounding Code SuperCollider Symposium 2010, Berlin, Germany - models of the Periperceptoida Triquetrus Nutandis and Dependi (with support from the Dutch Embassy in Germany for transportation).
- 2010, July 12 - 19, M.A.R.I.N. Baltic hacklab, Pakaari (near Naantali), Finland, test setup of the Periperceptoida Triquetrus Nutandis.
- 2010, May 28 - June 4, Cafe Congress, FoFa Gallery, Concordia University, Montréal, Québec, Canada - models of the Periperceptoida Triquetrus Nutandis and Dependis.
- 2008, May, every Sunday afternoon, on the Kleine Buren next to the Pizzeria - Pingjum, the Netherlands (sponsored by Groencentrum Witmarsum)
- 2008, 17-31 May 2008 - Exhibition Okno, Brussels, Belgium, including a workhop, 16-18 May
- 2007, August 13th till 19th : IMAutomaat #1, IMA, Kulturfabrik Hainburg
- 2007, July 30th till August 6th : Chateau Sonore, The European Modular Event 2007, Chateau Frandeux, Belgium
- 2007, June 15th (21.00-24.00) : Nacht der Klänge in Bielefeld - presentation of the previously unknown Spiritus Coloris [german], presented by our colleagues Till Bovermann, René Tünnermann and Matthias Zenker
- 2006, May 30th till June 18th - NIME, IRCAM, Paris
- 2006, May 13th - Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften, Technische Universität Berlin
- 2005, October 13th till December 30th - Experience Art!, Art Center Berlin Friedrichstrasse, Berlin
- 2005, September 3rd till September 17th - ElisabethForum, Elisabeth Klinik, Berlin
- 2005, July 2nd till July 17th, Tesla, Berlin / Overstolzenhaus, Kunsthochschule für Medien, Cologne